COVID Relief Funds For Culture & Events Groups
The City of Port Townsend and Jefferson County have jointly allocated $60,000 received from the CARES Act/Coronavirus Relief Funds to fund grants to culture & events businesses & organizations that had revenue losses related to canceled events in Jefferson County. The Governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy order and Safe Start plan limited the size and type of events, causing business disruptions for many of the county and city’s non-profit organizations, resulting in lost revenue related to their 2020 events.
To qualify for a grant, the following criteria must be met:
- Organization’s principal location is in Jefferson County
- Organization was in business prior to March 1, 2020.
- Organization’s event was scheduled to be held in Jefferson County between March 1, 2020, and October 1, 2020, and was either canceled or substantially reduced in scope.
- Organization has a valid tax-exempt determination letter from the IRS and has no political affiliations or engages in any political activities.
- Organization has a tax identification number or UBI.
- Organization must certify the following:
- Funding will be used for financial hardship due to COVID-19 incurred after March 1, 2020.
- The revenue decline is not filling a shortfall in government revenues (I.e. taxes, licenses, state, county, federal, and/or city fees).
- Funding related to the revenue shortfalls was not funded by any other funder, whether private, state, or federal.
- Requestor would not be requesting assistance if the organization had not been impacted by COVID-19.
If the organization’s event meets the above criteria, please complete the Cares Act Coronavirus Relief Funds Grant Application below by November 13, 2020.