Water Leak Adjustment Policy Updated
PUD Commissioners recently accepted an amendment of the Customer Service Policy allowing leak adjustments on home irrigation lines. The policy now allows all residential water customers experiencing a high bill due to a water leak the ability to qualify for a bill adjustment of up to $1,000 if the following criteria are met:
- The leak must be in excess of 10,000 gallons greater than the Customer’s average monthly usage for the most recent three years during the same time period.
- The Customer must not have been granted a leak adjustment for the same service location within the last 24 mos.
- The leak must have been repaired within 10 days of discovery.
A leak adjustment request letter and all required documents must be submitted no more than two months after the repair of the leak. Customers are required to provide proof of the leak. Proof may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Invoice from a plumber or contractor
- Parts receipt
- Repair photos and location of the leak
- Onsite verification by PUD water crew
Leaks that are not eligible for a billing adjustment may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Commercial accounts
- Leaks that are the result of owner negligence
- Leak of which the Customer should have been aware
- Pipes or equipment in plain sight
- Leaking toilet(s)