Funds Available For Past-Due Utility Bills

Barring any last minute extension by the Governor, the statewide residential utility shutoff moratorium is currently slated to end on July 31st of this year.

The PUD does not want to shut off any customers. It is our goal to connect every customer with a past due balance of $75 or more with a payment assistance program and/or a payment arrangement agreement. But we can’t do it on our own, we need customers with past due balances to contact customer service ASAP at (360) 385-5800 btwn 9-4:30pm, M-F.

We also urge customers with past due balances to reach out to OlyCAP. OlyCAP has funding assistance available through the following programs:

LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program)
If your household income is at our below 150% of the poverty rate, you may be eligible for anywhere from $100 to $1000 in utility assistance. The amount of funding offered is based on income, household size, and energy usage. Additional funds are available for those financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Apply online at or call 360-385-2571 for a mail-out application.

T-RAP (Treasury Rent Assistance Program)
Available to renters at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (though priority is given to those below 50%). Funds are intended to assist those experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 with past due rent and associated utilities. Up to 12 months of assistance may be available. Select the housing assistance option on or call 360-385-2571

Apply ASAP to determine program eligibility and assistance levels from OlyCAP.





Print Newsletters