Late Payment Options and Arrangements
- Payment in full.
- Balance on account paid down to $75.00 or less.
- $75.00 is the maximum past due balance allowed to be left on your account without being in danger of shut-off. (A Past Due balance of $75.01 or more will trigger a shut off notice with your bill).
- Prior to the due date printed on your Notice of Termination letter, you may contact customer service at (360) 385-5800 for payment arrangements. Payment arrangements must be made for the entire account balance. We are unable to make payment arrangements once the account has been disconnected for non-payment.
- If you are having trouble budgeting for those high winter bills, you may want to consider our Budget Billing program. Budget payment must be made on or before the due date. If you miss three budget payments, our system will automatically remove you from Budget Billing and the entire balance will then be due. You may ask for payment arrangements at that time to help clear the balance. If you are on the budget plan, we cannot make payment arrangements with you. If you fall behind on the budget plan, you will be disconnected.
- Contact OlyCAP and/or call 2-1-1 to see if there are any other options forhelp available to you. Dial 211 or 866-736-9634 or www.win211.org for Community Information and Referrals.
You may qualify for protection from disconnection for non-payment of your electric service from November 15 through March 15 under RCW 35.21.300. To be protected under the law, you must;
- Notify our Customer Service Department within (5) business days after receipt of a Past Due Notice that you are unable to pay your utility bill.
- Provide the Customer Service Department with a statement from Olympic Community Action Program (OlyCAP) that your income qualifies you for this moratorium. This statement must also provide a dollar figure that is 7% of your monthly household income. (Obtain a self-assessment form from the district.)
- Apply for low income energy assistance from either a government or private source, and agree that any energy assistance payment received by you will be paid to the District.
- Apply for low income weatherization assistance to the District or appropriate agency if available. (Included with the self-assessment form.)
- Agree to maintain a payment plan designed to bring your account current by October 15. You may not be required to pay more than 7% of your certified monthly income plus one twelfth (1/12) of any arrearage accrued from November 15 through March 15.
- Agree to pay the monies owed even if you move.
The employees of the District will assist you in meeting the requirements of RCW 35.21.300 as outlined in this notice.
Contact our customer service representatives at 360-385-5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org